Milholland, Father W. Carroll
1944, January 27
Date of Birth: Not Mentioned
W. Carroll Milholland, before coming to St. Mary’s Seminary, had studied at Calvert Hall High School and at Loyola College in Baltimore. He was a subdeacon at St. Mary’s in 1908-1909. He made his last year of Theology at St. Sulpice in Paris, was ordained to the priesthood, and spent a year of Solitude in France before returning to St. Mary’s Seminary, where he took on the offices of Treasurer and Master of Ceremonies. In 1926, he published a revised edition of the Ceremonial for the Use of Catholic Churches in the United States of America. Father Milholland had much to do with the preparation of the Roland Park site as the new home of St. Mary’s Seminary. In 1930 he left the Society and became pastor of St. Clement’s Church in Lansdowne, a suburb of Baltimore. He died on January 27, 1944.
Adapted from various articles in the Voice.
No Memorial Card is Available